db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Richard" <Richard....@boeing.com>
Subject Some general Questions of Torque
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:54:29 GMT
Hi,

  I just installed torque and ran the "bookstore" example.  I am still
not familiar with torque very much.  I would like to understand torque
from a broad perspective.

Can anybody answer the following general questions for me ?

 Thanks a lot in advance.

Richard Liu
Software Engineer at Boeing

====================================

OS environment:   Windows    Linux    Solaris   Irix

                                Other:

Database Support:  Oracle    DB2      PostgreSQL    mySQL

                                 Others:

CREATE

Can create XML documents from RDBMS tables?     Yes       No

Can create RDBMS schema from XML page?     Yes       No

Can create XSD document from RDBMS schema?     Yes       No

Can create RDBMS schema from XSD document?     Yes       No

COMMENTS:

INSERT

Can insert from XML data to RDBMS?     Yes       No

COMMENTS:

EXTRACT

 Can extract from RDBMS to XML data?     Yes       No

COMMENTS:

QUERY

 What Languages are supported?    SQL    XPATH      XQUERY

 Can create XML document from RDBMS query?     Yes       No

COMMENTS:

CODE GENERATION

Supports code generation of parsing code?     Yes       No
Languages:  Java ___	C++ ___   	C#___      Other___

Supports code generation of database insert code?     Yes       No
Languages:  Java ___  	C++ ___ 	C#___      Other___

Supports code generation of database extraction code?     Yes       No
Languages:  Java ___  	C++ ___ 	C#___      Other___

Supports code generation of database query code?     Yes       No
Languages:  Java ___  	C++ ___ 	C#___      Other___

COMMENTS:

DELETION/UPDATE

Can the tool modify/update data in the RDBMS according to XML document
change?     Yes       No

Can the tool modify RDBMS structure automatically to account for XSD
deletions/modifications?     Yes       No

Can the tool modify XSD structure automatically to account for RDBMS
structure change?   Yes      No

COMMENTS: