db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Richard" <Richard....@boeing.com>
Subject A few general questions of Torque 3.2
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:17:10 GMT

			Hi,

				I have just installed the torque 3.2 and
made the "bookstore" example work.

			      Since I am still not very familiar with
torque, I still have a little doubt of torque, in terms of what is can
do.

			Following is what I believe it can do:

			1)   Given an XML Schema in an XSD file (or DTD
file), generate a database schema that represents the XML Schema defined
in the XSD

			2)   Generate source code that can parse XML
documents and insert (update and delete) the data into the generated
database schema

			Following is what I believe it can "NOT" do:

			1)   Generate source code that can extract data
stored in the database schema and create an XML file that conforms to
the XML schema defined in the XSD

			2)   Generate queries to extract data from the
database and create an XML document that conforms to the XML Schema
defined in the XSD file

			3)  Generate xml files which correspondent to
the relational database schema

			Am I right?

			Thanks in Advance

			Richard Liu