db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: about building the build-toque.xml
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:38:31 GMT
I do this for all my projects with no problems.  With
3.0 there were some Ant / JVM issues (Eclipse problem,
not Torque specific) but with 3.1 I didn't have to do
anything special with the External Tool set up except
set the usual refresh after run options.

I set up projects that use Torque so that they have a
build directory (with my master Ant script which calls
build-torque.xml) and a torque subdirectory.  This
subdirectory has the torque-gen distro in it.  E.g.,
it has the build-torque.xml and default.properties
files, with the lib and src directories in it (I
generally drop the docs directory).

The build.properties file is then modified to match the
projects needs. E.g project name, output and compile
directory locations are set to use my project's src dir.

Here's the directory properties that are most usefull
and my settings that point to a src directory off project
root with a java, sql, and schema subdirectories:

torque.output.dir = ../../src
torque.schema.dir = ${torque.output.dir}/schema
torque.compile.build.dir = ../../bin/classes

If all this doesn't help, try adding the -verbose and /
or the -debug arguments (Main tab of Eclipse's Run As
Ant Build dialog box). This will put a lot of info about
what is going on into Eclipse's console output screen.

Duke CE Privacy Statement