db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Robert Dietrick <robert.dietr...@nokia.com>
Subject Re: case insensitive queries
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:29:40 GMT
I've found the bug in the Criteria class.

In the method Criteria.Criterion.appendPSTo(), case sensitivity is
determined by the variable ignoreCase, which is defined in the Criteria
class (NOT the Criterion class).  This explains exactly the behavior I
experienced (case sensitivity may be turned off for ALL where clause
elements but not individual ones).

This bug only manifests itself when using PreparedStatements
(doPSSelect()).  The Criterion.appendTo() method correctly uses the
local ignoreStringCase variable.

I'll create an issue in scarab and submit the patch.

-Rob