db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Papotti <papo...@adigitali.it>
Subject Re: bug or misunderstood feature?
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:43:13 GMT
Greg Monroe ha scritto:

>I suggest updating to version 3.2.  I looked at the
>forgiegn key collection code generated by this
>version and it does check to see if the criteria
>has changed.  I suspect it was one of the bugs
>fixed.

 From 3.2's

<snip>
    public List get${relCol}()
      #if ($silentDbFetch)
        throws TorqueException
      #end
    {
      #if ($objectIsCaching)
        #if (!$silentDbFetch)
        if (isNew())
        {
            init${relCol}();
        }
        #else
        if ($collName == null)
        {
            $collName = get${relCol}(new Criteria(10));
        }
        #end
        return $collName;
      #else
        return get${relCol}(new Criteria(10));
      #end
    }
</snip>

Which means: "If caching is enabled, return the chached collection
(whatever war the criteria utilized to generate it)"

IMHO this is uncorrect for the same considerations of the first post.

The only way to obtain the correct results is to disable the caching,
which leads to a _no_caching_at_all_ situation (bad vibrations, man)

Or we still have not understood the objective of the method (most
likely) or the method behaviour is still the same of the 3.1.

Andrea Papotti
Alchimie Digitali S.r.l.