db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Rafal Markut" <rafal.mar...@mediawave.de>
Subject Timed out waiting for pooled connection
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:24:58 GMT
Hello,

I use Turbine 2.1 with Torque, Tomcat 5.x and postgresql

I get following exception:

[Tue Jan 24 09:01:05 CET 2006] -- ERROR -- Turbine.handleException: Error in
BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): Timed out
 waiting for pooled connection from 'jdbc:postgresql://myip:5432/newsletter'
[Tue Jan 24 09:01:05 CET 2006] -- ERROR --
        Exception:  java.lang.Error: Error in
BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): Timed out waiting for pooled
connection
from 'jdbc:postgresql://myip:5432/newsletter'
        Stack Trace follows:
        java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER):
Timed out waiting for pooled connection from 'jdbc:p
ostgresql://myip:5432/newsletter'
        at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:232)

Properties:
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  D A T A B A S E  S E T T I N G S
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are your database settings.  Look in the
# org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.* packages for more information.
# The default driver for Turbine is for MySQL.
#
# The parameters to connect to the default database.  You MUST
# configure these properly.
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

#database postgresql
database.default.driver=org.postgresql.Driver
database.default.url=jdbc:postgresql://myip:5432/newsletter
database.default.username=user
database.default.password=password

# The number of database connections to cache per ConnectionPool
# instance (specified per database).

database.default.maxConnections=24

# The amount of time (in milliseconds) that database connections will be
# cached (specified per database).
#
# Default: one hour = 60 * 60 * 1000

database.default.expiryTime=3600000

# The amount of time (in milliseconds) a connection request will have to
wait
# before a time out occurs and an error is thrown.
#
# Default: ten seconds = 10 * 1000

database.connectionWaitTimeout=20000

# The interval (in milliseconds) between which the PoolBrokerService logs
# the status of it's ConnectionPools.
#
# Default: No logging = 0 = 0 * 1000

database.logInterval=0

# These are the supported JDBC drivers and their associated Turbine
# adaptor.  These properties are used by the DBFactory.  You can add
# all the drivers you want here.

database.adaptor=DBPostgres
database.adaptor.DBPostgres=org.postgresql.Driver

# Determines if the quantity column of the IDBroker's id_table should
# be increased automatically if requests for ids reaches a high
# volume.

database.idbroker.cleverquantity=true

My application works but sometimes comes that exception and I cannot perform
any db-operation - I cannot even loggin.
When I restart tomcat then it works again but not long time.

It seems that it doesn't close the connection properly.
The application was before on diffrent server and sometimes I saw this
exception in the log files - but it didn't really disturb (I could work on
the application).
During the weekend I moved this application on diffrent server and this
occures more often and stronger (that I cannot even to loggin).
It cannot be amount of new connections - before even with bigger traffic it
didn't occur.

Does anyone know what can I do ?

with best regards,
Rafal