db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Alvaro Coronel <alvarocorone...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Joins in torque (slightly Off Topic)
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:15:59 GMT
Can you recommend a tool like MS Query Analyzer for MySQL

  Thx!

  Álvaro

Greg Monroe <Greg.Monroe@DukeCE.com> wrote:  An alternate thought is to just create
a view in the
database (MySQL V5 supports them) and then do a
psuedo table in the XML to generate the required
classes.

You probably already know this, but when you're
doing complex joins like this, pay close attention
to what needs to be indexed.  Without the right
indices, a large join query against a large number
of records can grind your app to a halt. I tend to
spend some time in a Query Analyzer type tool
(e.g. MS SQL's Query Analyzer...lol) to optimize
any complex queries that underlie views.

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please  be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are  confidential communication
or may otherwise be privileged or  confidential and are intended solely for the individual
or entity to  whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you may  not
rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask  that you please not read,
copy or retransmit this communication, but  reply to the sender and destroy the email, its
contents, and all copies  thereof immediately. Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution
or  copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.