db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Could not retrieve connection info from pool - DB2
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:06:40 GMT

Hi,

if you have 20 concurrent users, you pool should at least allow for 20
active connections. I would rather use 50 if I were you. You should also
increase maxIdle accordingly, again use at least 20 for it. You might also
want to check that the database itself allows at least (maxIdle +
maxActive) concurrent connections.
Then, you can also set how the pool behaves when it hits a limit. I believe
you can instruct the pool to simply wait for a freed connection instead of
throwing an error. Read the dbcp property guide at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html

   Thomas