db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Could not retrieve connection info from pool - DB2
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:37:04 GMT

Hi Jim,

In my personal experience, that does not play much of a role. Getting 20
connections should take about a second or less on usual hardware, so the
users will not experience any difference.
But another positive effect of setting the initialSize to a value larger
than zero is that if you cannot connect to the database, you get exceptions
right at startup, which is usually what you want.

Personally, I do not set initialSize, but thats just because I'm lazy and I
never needed it...

   Thomas