db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Thoralf Rickert" <thoralf.rick...@cadooz.de>
Subject AW: AW: CamelCase, Object Population and Relational Selects
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:48:04 GMT
> I apologize for posting things that are in the docs, to be
> honest I am
> still struggling with the format of the Torque docs. They seem to be
> very decentralized so it take me a while to find what I'm looking for.

Yes, I know. For me, the HowTos are helpful but it's not easy to find
them, if you start at http://db.apache.org/torque. The changing
navigation bar on the left is not very comprehensible.

> Perfect except once catch, that I can't figure out how to get
> Torque to generate the schema with that property
> (defaultJavaNamingMethod) attached to the database tag. I
> really want to avoid manually updating the schema every time
> it's generated, especially in the development phase.

Ah, you're generating the schema file. Sorry, I don't do that, so I
cannot say, how to setup Torque to create this attribute in the schema.
Maybe it's not possible, so it could be a bug or a new feature.

> Let me clear up my example, even though I think you have answered my
> question. A wrapper method.
>
> Account{accountId[pk], accountName}
> Company{companyId[pk], accountId[fk.account.accountId], companyName}
>
> Account.accountId has a foreign key of Company.accountId
>
> If I were to select joins in Torque I believe I would get
> something like
> this.
>
> List [ Account{ Company } ]
>
> Is an array of Account objects with populated Company
> objects, instead
> of what I was trying for...
>
> Account { List[Company] }
>
> Which would essentially be a single copy of the Account object with a
> List of Company objects which have common accountId.

Hmm, hmm, the question is, what do you have? Do you have an account and
want to know which companies are assigned to it. So it would be possible
to make a select over the company table with the accountId.

But if you have nothing and you want somethink like
List[Account(List[Company])] then I think, you're on your own...

bye
Thoralf