db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Husek, Paul" <Paul.Hu...@pfizer.com>
Subject RE: as400 ordering problem
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 19:17:40 GMT
Thomas,

Thanks tons for the quick response.  Your recommendation for a fix
worked!  As time permits I'll see if I can determine why it was failing
and contribute to the project through a patch.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fischer [mailto:fischer@seitenbau.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:24 AM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: RE: as400 ordering problem

Hi,

What you can do is to override the method ignoreCaseInOrderBy(String) in
your DB adapter (most probably DBDB2400.java). If you do not know why it
does not work you can just return the argument. Note that if you do
this,
all orderBy's will be case sensitive.
Alternatively, you can try to fix its behaviour.

I am afraid there is no way to turn case insensitive ordering off in a
criteria. Look at SQLBuilder.processOrderBy() to see yourself.

If you found out what the problem is and how to fix it, can you please
open
up an issue in scarab on the problem ?

    Thomas