db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Could not retrieve connection info from pool - DB2
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:44:23 GMT
Hmm, everything looks fine.  Did some splunking looking for the
error message (thanks Eclipse for source jar association!) and
found it in:

org.apache.commond.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource

There should be a root cause exception associated with this.
Probably coming from GenericKeyedObjectPool.  Knowing this would
help pinpoint the error location in the commons code.

FWIW, the testOnBorrow option does add a little overhead but
it also help protect against connections that where closed
due to network or DB server problems (server restarted or
server connection timeout reached).

Some other "standard" debugging stuff that you've probably done:

Do you have any other commons-dbcp* or commons-pool* jar files
in the path beside the 1.2* versions in distro?  Could be a bug
in an older version.

Does your app do anything that would not release connections? E.g.,
getting connections from the pool directly and not releasing them
or do you use transactions and don't finish with a commit or
rollback?  Turning on Torque/commons debugging might help identify
such problems.

Duke CE Privacy Statement