db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Could not retrieve connection info from pool - DB2
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:27:50 GMT
Did you upgrade from an earlier version of Torque?  One gotcha I have
seen is that some of the Torque properties have changed.  I say this
because I don't thing the properties below are the current syntax. Look
at the default Torque.properties file that comes with the distro and
compare it to yours.

Also, what JDBC driver and DB are you using?  I seem to remember this
problem and some relationship to a DB connection in the pool timing
out and not automatically reconnecting when retrieved.  I know that
MySQL has an auto reconnect parameter that should be on the URL but
can't remember the syntax right now.

FWIW, I've done load testing of a Torque based webapp with up to 400
concurrent users with the pool size set at various levels (from 10 on
up) and did get this message.  So it's not a matter of a having to have
one connection for each user (but it does help performance a little).
And I don't have any special limits set in the Torque properties.

Good luck.

Greg

Duke CE Privacy Statement