db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Trey Long <james_l...@provima.com>
Subject Re: IdBroker, Native and MSSQL
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:07:00 GMT
Yes, everything seems correct from my end. Here is a bit of my schema:
>         <column name="underwriterId" primaryKey="true" required="true"
> type="INTEGER" autoIncrement="true"/>
>         <column name="companyId" type="INTEGER"/>
>         <foreign-key foreignTable="company">
>             <reference foreign="companyId" local="companyId"/>
>         </foreign-key>
It seems that if defaultIdMethod="native" then torque shouldn't attempt
to insert fields like underwriterId. The only reason that I have not to
use the id-broker is because torque may not be the only thing making
inserts into the database.

What I will probably end up doing is changing the id-broker increments
to mismatch the DB's autoenerated keys, *IF* I can get torque to insert
into that column, which is unlikely.

-Jim