db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jim Caserta <smoothie...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Could not retrieve connection info from pool - DB2
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:23:18 GMT
I am using the 1.2.1 and 1.2 versions of the
commons-dbcp* or commons-pool* jar files. I'll set my
pool.initialSize = 1, just to check a connection at
startup.
torque.defaults.pool.maxIdle = 40
torque.defaults.pool.maxActive = 60

The testOnBorrow = true is a good idea, looks like
that is the default.

Thank guys!!

--- Greg Monroe <Greg.Monroe@DukeCE.com> wrote:

> Hmm, everything looks fine.  Did some splunking
> looking for the
> error message (thanks Eclipse for source jar
> association!) and
> found it in:

org.apache.commond.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource

> There should be a root cause exception associated
> with this.
> Probably coming from GenericKeyedObjectPool.
> Knowing this would
> help pinpoint the error location in the commons
> code.
>
> FWIW, the testOnBorrow option does add a little
> overhead but
> it also help protect against connections that where
> closed
> due to network or DB server problems (server
> restarted or
> server connection timeout reached).
>
> Some other "standard" debugging stuff that you've
> probably done:
>
> Do you have any other commons-dbcp* or commons-pool*
> jar files
> in the path beside the 1.2* versions in distro?
> Could be a bug
> in an older version.
>
> Does your app do anything that would not release
> connections? E.g.,
> getting connections from the pool directly and not
> releasing them
> or do you use transactions and don't finish with a
> commit or
> rollback?  Turning on Torque/commons debugging might
> help identify
> such problems.

torque.dsfactory.eMarine.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.S