db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating common connection pool
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:02:57 GMT
I have never done something like this, but this would be likely to be a
valid path:

- configure a data source in the servlet container and bind it to jndi.
Do not try to configure it in the context of one of your applications.
I do not know for sure whether this works for tomcat, but it works for
other application servers. Ask the tomcat documentation. Torque is not
needed for this step.
- use a torque.properties in both applications, and reference the data
source via jndi (i.e. use JNDIDataSourceFactory for it)
- make sure each of the applications calls Torque.init() on startup.
In this method, the data source is found in jndi and is made usable in the
application.

   Thomas