db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Dominik Kreutz" <...@startext.de>
Subject Re: Oracle issues (FAQ?)
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:35:59 GMT

Hi Thomas,

> No. The oraclepatched version is basically a branch off the
> village 2.0 and
> is only usable with oracle. There is no version of village that supports
> both oracle lobs and other databases. For working with lobs on oracle, you
> still need the oraclepatched version of village.

So in my case I need to replace village-2.0 with the oracle-patched version.

> I would not use the jdbc task for more complex datatypes. Development of
> this has lagged behind a lot, you need to check the results very
> carefully.
> <column name="SOME_TIMESTAMP" type="TIMESTAMP" />

OK. When I first use the jdbc-task and then rework it (replacing "wrong"
datatypes as needed) I should be on the safe side.

>   Hope this helps,

Yes, helped a lot.  I think your comments save me quite a bit of working
time (that I would have spent with trial-and-error).

Thanks and best regards,

  Dominik