db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: EOF Exception
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:25:05 GMT

Hi,

a) The error occurs when dbcp tries to set autocommit to true. See the line
com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.setAutoCommit(Connection.java:546)
in the stacktrace. Maybe you can leave autocommit as its default value,
(probably true) (though this is not a choice in transaction-aware
applications)
b) I remember I have had trouble with certain mysql driver versions, can't
remember which version and which I used in the end, though. It might be
worth while to try and switch to another mysql driver.
c) you might want to search the internet for this problem. It is not
Torque-specific.

These are just suggestions. None of them is guaranteed to work.

         Thomas

"Kintzel Levente" <kintzel.levente@codespring.ro> schrieb am 07.11.2005
11:01:26:

> Hi!
>

> I have some troubles connecting to a mysql database.
>
> Our team developed an application with a mysql 4.1.8 server. During
testing
> everything was cool, and works fine.
>
> After the release the database was moved on mysql 4.1.13 server. I don't
> know details because another company hosts it. And the same application
now
> doesn't want to connect to the database everytime. Sometimes I can log in
> and make some steps but it crash after with exception, sometimes it
crashes
> immediately on login:
>

>             Exception:  java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>
>             Stack Trace follows:
>
>             java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>
>             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

>             at

> )
>
>             at

> .java:25)
>
>             at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityActionEvent.executeEvents(VelocityA

> ctionEvent.java:159)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityActionEvent.perform(VelocityActionE

> vent.java:107)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.VelocityAction.perform(VelocityAction.jav

> a:110)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.VelocitySecureAction.perform(VelocitySecu

> reAction.java:100)
>
>             at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:143)

>             at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90)
>
>             at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
>
>             at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:563)
>
>             at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:658)
>
>             at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:716)

>             at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)

>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.

> java:627)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch

> er.java:382)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher

> .java:306)
>
>             at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:391)

>             at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:42)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:92)
>
>             at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)

>             at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:1

> 62)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
>
>             at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)

>             at

> FilterChain.java:200)
>
>             at

> ain.java:146)
>
>             at

> va:209)
>
>             at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)

>             at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)
>
>             at

> va:144)
>
>             at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase

> .java:445)
>
>             at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)

>             at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2358)

>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:133

> )
>
>             at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
>
>             at

> java:118)
>
>             at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:116

> )
>
>             at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)

>             at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)
>
>             at

> :127)
>
>             at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)

>             at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)
>
>             at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:152)
>
>             at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

>             at

> ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
>
>             at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)

>             at

> a:683)
>
>             at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>
> Caused by: java.lang.Error: Error in
BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER):
> Communication link failure: java.io.EOFException, underlying cause: null
>

> ** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **
>

> java.io.EOFException
>

> STACKTRACE:
>

> java.io.EOFException
>
>             at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:1394)
>
>             at
com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:1538)

>             at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1929)
>
>             at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1167)
>
>             at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1278)
>
>             at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQuery(MysqlIO.java:1224)
>
>             at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2244)
>
>             at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2204)
>
>             at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2185)
>
>             at
com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.setAutoCommit(Connection.java:546)

>             at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.ConnectionImpl.setAutoCommit(ConnectionI

> mpl.java:415)
>
>             at

org.apache.torque.pool.TorqueClassicDataSource.getConnection(TorqueClassicDa

> taSource.java:487)
>
>             at

org.apache.torque.pool.TorqueClassicDataSource.getConnection(TorqueClassicDa

> taSource.java:456)
>
>             at org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:932)
>
>             at
> org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:244)
>
>             at
> org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:225)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.TurbineUserPeer.<clinit>(TurbineUserPeer

> .java:170)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager

> .java:153)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager

> .java:241)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getAuthenticatedUse

> r(BaseSecurityService.java:308)
>
>             at

org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser(Tu

> rbineSecurity.java:194)
>
>             at

com.vegaassist.configurator.web.modules.actions.Login.checkUser(Login.java:6

> 0)
>
>             at

com.vegaassist.configurator.web.modules.actions.Login.doLogin(Login.java:80)