db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Vitzethum, Daniel" <Daniel.Vitzet...@gigatronik.com>
Subject Re: Initialization of JndiDataSourceFactory fails
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:44:50 GMT
Hello Greg,

thx for your quick answer!

> First, what version of Torque are you using?

Believe me, I really had in mind _not_ to forget it! Ouch!
I'm using Torque 3.1.

> Second, what torque.dsfactory.<db>.datasource properties are
> set in your Torque.properties file?

None? This is all I needed in two or three other Projects, some
on Tomcat, some on Bea:

----8<----
 torque.applicationRoot = <db>
 torque.database.default = <db>
 torque.database.<db>.adapter = oracle

 ## Using jndi - datasource from container

torque.dsfactory.<db>.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSource
Factory

 # 4 Tomcat (unused here)
 #torque.dsfactory.<db>.jndi.path=java:comp/env/jdbc/ZeusDS
 # 4 Bea
 torque.dsfactory.<db>.jndi.path=jdbc/ZeusDS
----8<----

By now I thought the DS comes from the container...

> You need to specify a torque.dsfactory.<dbname>.datasource.classname
> property in the Torque.properties file.

See above. Do I really have to? I didn't had to by now.

> Or that your bind string doesn't match what BEA uses internally AFAIK,
> there is no true "standard" for how a servlet engine structures JNDI
tree
> internally. The one used by Tomcat is becoming the "defacto" standard,
> but BEA might do things differently.

That's what it does, but we handled both Bea and Tomcat earlier.

We got a bit further now:

we were using Torque not with ist original dependencies, but migrated
from
  commons-configuration-1.0-dev-3.20030607.194155.jar
  commons-configuration-1.1.jar
and from
  commons-lang-1.0.1.jar
  commons-lang-2.0.jar.

Can anybody imagine that this is the cause of the "bind" exception? When
returning
to the original libs, it seems to work. (We can't do that in our
project, however.)

Any hints appreciated... ;-)

Daniel