db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jakub Piechnik <piech...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: Serial type in Postgresql
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:16:50 GMT
Hi

When I'm using pg_Admin3 Query and try to do INSERT when there is a
sequence on table I have to put the field value explicitly. When there
is a serial field - the values is automaticly incremented and put into
column - it's far more useful as autoIncrement and required set as true
in schema file. It was working good with 3.1.1 version and PostreSQL
database

Greetings
Jakub

Thomas Fischer napisaƂ(a):