db-torque-user mailing list archives

From econroy <econ...@ECONROY.NET>
Subject Re: Read only mode error using HSQLDB
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:47:49 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>With the current information, I am at a loss to analyze the problem. The
>problem is that the Torque Exception does not print the stack trace to the
>wrapped SQL Exception.
>Can you debug into the code and get a stack trace for the SQL Exception
>which is retrown as a Torque exception ? This will provide more insight
>where the error occurs.
>By the way, which Torque version are you using ?
>
>   Thomas
>

>econroy <econroy@ECONROY.NET> schrieb am 08.11.2005 19:42:02:
>

>>Thomas Fischer wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>do you have a stack trace of the exception ? This would point out where
>>>

>in
>

>>>LargeSelect the error occurs.
>>>
>>>     Thomas

>>This error is not in Large select it happens whenever Torque gets a
>>connection. This is the stack trace where I use a doSelect():
>>The call to
>>org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:80) is
>>where I am looking because HSQLDB dosen't
>>support transactions.
>>
>>org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:717)
>>org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:268)
>>org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:80)
>>org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1195)
>>

>org.abt.nsc.om.BaseBillsPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseBillsPeer.java:382)
>

>org.abt.nsc.om.BaseBillsPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseBillsPeer.java:354)
>

>>org.abt.nsc.om.BaseBillsPeer.doSelect(BaseBillsPeer.java:323)
>>org.abt.nsc.modules.actions.SearchAction.doQuery(SearchAction.java:190)
>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityActionEvent.
>>executeEvents(VelocityActionEvent.java:135)
>>org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityActionEvent.
>>perform(VelocityActionEvent.java:78)
>>org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.VelocityAction.
>>perform(VelocityAction.java:72)
>>org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:99)
>>

>org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:113)
>

>>org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:53)
>>org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:101)
>>org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:789)
>>org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:884)
>>javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616)
>>javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>>org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427)
>>org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.
>>dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:473)
>>org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
> [...]
Thanks for looking into the problem.
The problem was that commons-DBCP would cause the exception whenever
Torque requested a connection.
So it appers that commons must know that a database is readonly.
The way to do this is through the torque.properties file and add:
torque.defaults.pool.defaultAutoCommit = false
torque.defaults.pool.defaultReadOnly = true
I set auto Commit to false just to be safe. Anyway after I added these
properties to the torque.properties my webapp
worked !!

Thanks,
Ed Conroy