db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Kristof Van Cleemput <...@schaubroeck.be>
Subject Re: Bugs in rc2 already fixed for rc3?]
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:50:12 GMT
I use toque 3.2 RC2

INFORMIX TEMPLATES
I want to include (attachment) the templates.I tried a zip file but that
failed (

ZIP attachments are not accepted here

). Should I mail it to the developer list or should I use an other
extension?

I used them to extract a schema and data from an existing informix database.
You can include them in the templates. Doesn't it state that torque
supports Informix?
I didn't receive any errrors on that.
Best way to be sure is to write a test to test every possible type for
import and export and for every supported database (fi with dbunit and
junit).
If you have one for a specific database you can use it for the others as
a template.

Can't you get a free copy for development or testing purposes (even an
old version could do the trick)?

If you don't add it nobody will use it so no bugs or errors can be found
and solved (you have to start somewhere).
I know if you can't test it for yourself it's a bit creepy ;-)

BUG (MORE A USER FRIENDLY ISSUE THEN A BUG)
Occurs when executing maven torque:datasql
It's hard to find the source of the error. I try to copy a lot of tables
and I guess it has something to do with a datatype.
The problem is that the logging only gives me these errors :

2005-11-08 08:53:54,860 - Method parse threw exception for reference
$generator in template sql/load/mysql/row.vm at  [16,70]
2005-11-08 08:53:54,860 - Method parse threw exception for reference
$generator in template sql/load/Control.vm at  [17,1]

Isn't it possible to give the table, column and field value that is causing the error?
Or a line with logging before start filling up a table (This would point somebody like me
to the table that is causing the problem)

For now the only solution I can think of is importing every table seperatly until I find the
one that is causing the error.
Unless you expect me to count the processed rows

OTHER IMPROVEMENTS (I'm new to torque so maybe they are missing some stuff).
Extra maven goals =>
For setting-up(importing) a database including data =>
torque:import (consists of
    <attainGoal name="torque:sql"/>
    <attainGoal name="torque:datadtd"/>
    <attainGoal name="torque:datasql"/>
    <attainGoal name="torque:create-db"/>
    <attainGoal name="torque:insert-sql"/>)
For exporting a database including data =>
torque:export (consists of
    <attainGoal name="torque:jdbc"/>
    <attainGoal name="torque:datadump"/>
)

Thomas Fischer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Kristof Van Cleemput <kvc@schaubroeck.be> schrieb am 08.11.2005 11:33:47:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm new to torque and found the following things when trying to get it
>>working (copy an informix db to a mysql db)
>>I found a few bugs and I'm wondering if these will be fixed in rc3.
>>
>>* The informix files are missing in the templates jar. (I found them on
>>the mailinglist somewhere so I gues this one is fixed?)
>>

>As far as I know, no informix-specific templates exist in svn now.
>Unfortunately, I do not have an informix database ready to test the ones
>from the mailing list. In my opinion, someone should test them before they
>can be included in Torque. Then we also need permission of the author of
>the templates to include them.
>I see that informix is now owned by IBM. Just a wild guess: Have you tried
>whether the db2 templates work for informix ?
>

>>* There seems to be a bug with $generator in some files =>
>>2005-11-08 08:53:54,860 - Method parse threw exception for reference
>>$generator in template sql/load/mysql/row.vm at  [16,70]
>>2005-11-08 08:53:54,860 - Method parse threw exception for reference
>>$generator in template sql/load/Control.vm at  [17,1]
>>

>Nothing is known of a bug in the templates until now. Can you provide more
>details (e.g. which task you are running, a schema.xml where the bug
>appears if appliccable etc.) ?
>
>      Thomas

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Kristof Van Cleemput

Schaubroeck Weddecentrale Informatica
Schaubroeck nv, Steenweg Deinze 154, 9810 Nazareth
tel: 09/389.05.86 mailto:kvc@schaubroeck.be