db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbe...@elasticpath.com>
Subject schema.xml
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:50:36 GMT
The database name is currently stored in the schema.xml file. This
requires that I define the database name in two places: in my
build.properties and in schema.xml. Notably, the developers change the
database name in build.properties and, of course, the build will fail:
the name in build.properties is not leading.

The database name is not really part of the schema. I can create the
same schema several times with different names.

I would like to propose that the 'name' attribute in schema.xml be
optional instead of required. If it's there it will be used (preserving
backward compatibility) otherwise the Ant task needs to supply the name.
(Or maybe, supplying a name throught the Ant task could overrule the
name in schema.xml?) Not supplying a name at all would be an error.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Hilco