db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbe...@elasticpath.com>
Subject create-db.sql & schema.sql
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:34:38 GMT
Currently, 'create-db.sql' contains both the 'drop database' and 'create
database' statements. The same applies to the 'schema.sql': both the
'drop table/sequence/...' and the corresponding 'create
table/sequence/...' statements are in the same file.

I would like to suggest the drop and create statements be stored in
separate files: drop-db.sql, create-db.sql, drop-schema.sql, and
create-schema.sql (or something similar).

The problem I'm having is that the 'drop table/sequence/...' statements
fail because I've already executed 'drop database'. Naturally, I can
tell Ant to ignore all those errors but that hides any 'real' errors
(which I encounter every now and then :-) ).

This doesn't sound too difficult so I think I could create a patch for
this if there is not a lot of opposition. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Hilco