db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Torque:datasql
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:44:59 GMT
This target is closely tied to the datadtd and datadump targets.

If you run datadtd against your project schema, you will get a
<project>-data.dtd file that defines table specific XML format.

If you run datadump, against a DB server with populated tables
(defined in your in your project schema), you will get a
<project>-data.xml file that contains the dumped data in an XML
format that matches the <project>-data.xml.

Then if you run the datasql target when you have these two file
available, you will get an data insert SQL script.

One issue to note is that if you have any autoIncrement fields
defined, many DB implimentations will not let you insert values
into these fields unless you do something special.  For example,
MySQL requires the use of "REPLACE" instead of "INSERT" and
MS SQL requires INSERT statements that do this to first do
SET IDENTITY_INSERT <table> ON and once all the statements are
done to do SET IDENTITY_INSERT <table> OFF.

Duke CE Privacy Statement