db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: org.apache.torque.TorqueException: java.lang.InstantiationException
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:31:57 GMT

Hi,

you cannot use the DataSourceFactory, as it is only an interface which
cannot be instantiated. Use SharedPoolDataSourceFactory instead.

See also the sample configuration in the Tutorial,

http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2-rc2/runtime/tutorial/step4.html

    Thomas

Jim Caserta <smoothie_jc@yahoo.com> schrieb am 04.10.2005 20:26:12:

> Hi,
>
> I'm converting from Torque 3.0 to 3.2, and I'm
> accessing a DB2 database. The Torque initialization is
> throwing the following exception.
> org.apache.torque.TorqueException:
> java.lang.InstantiationException
>
> I'm attempting to use the DataSourceFactory. Here is
> my properties file..
>
> torque.applicationRoot = .
>
> log4j.category.org.apache.torque = ALL,
> org.apache.torque
> log4j.appender.org.apache.torque =
> org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
> log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file =
> logs/torque.log
> log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout =
> org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern
> = %d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
> log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append = false
> torque.defaults.pool.maxWait = 10000
> torque.defaults.pool.maxIdle = 8
> torque.defaults.pool.maxActive = 10
> torque.defaults.pool.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=
> 300000
> torque.defaults.connection.driver =
> COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
> torque.defaults.connection.url = jdbc:db2:DB2B
> torque.defaults.connection.user = itdmegb
> torque.defaults.connection.password = chubb99
>
> torque.database.default=DB2B
> torque.database.DB2B.adapter=db2app
>
> #Using commons-dbcp

torque.dsfactory.DB2B.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.DataSourceFactory