db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Thoralf Rickert" <thoralf.rick...@cadooz.de>
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:39:36 GMT
Hi!

In BasePeer is a method called createQueryString(Criteria) that we used
to debug our Criteria objects. Then we saw that this method changes the
Criteria object if it contains a limit and the database has native limit
support. So the createQueryString(Criteria) method isn't useful for
debugging.

Today I saw that there is another method in BasePeer called
createQueryDisplayString(Criteria). But I cannot call it from outside
the BasePeer package (org.apache.torque.util) because it's package
private and not public or protected. Is there a way to create a debug
message with a Criteria object without using the toString() method?
Would it be a problem to make the createQueryDisplayString(Criteria)
method protected, so that is accessable from outside the package?

bye
Thoralf