db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jakub Piechnik <piech...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: Building under Windows
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:38:50 GMT
Yes - I would be very grateful for information how to use torque with Ant.

Regards
Jakub Piechnik

Greg Monroe napisaƂ(a):

>Getting the bug in the Mavin build method under Windows worked out
>is great!
>
>But I just want to make sure that everyone knows that Mavin is NOT
>required to use Torque is clearly understood (by future readers
>of this thread as well). IMHO, The current docs tend to stress
>Mavin over Ant because it's easier to explain than Ant and the
>fact that there is this option is sometimes lost to new users.
>
>I've been using Torque with just Ant for years under Windows with
>a variety of JVMs and Ant versions.  There have been no major
>problems (except the occational class path ones).  FWIW, using
>Ant for om creation allows Torque to easily be integrated with
>other build processes. I use it as a sub build of larger project
>Ant build files and integrate these with Eclipe's build process.
>
>FWIW, if you want to do Torque development or rebuild everything
>from source, you can also do this via Ant and/or Eclipse without
>Mavin. (Mavin does make full builds/test easier, but patch/mod
>development does not require it).
>
>If you're interested in this way to use Torque, let me know (via
>the list) and I'll post more info.

communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you
may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please
not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.