db-torque-user mailing list archives

From David Beukes <dav...@paygate.co.za>
Subject re-read a record
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:35:11 GMT
Hi,

Fairly new to Torque so please go easy :)

Is there a 'generally accepted' way to re-read a record. Scenario as
follows; using Torque generated classes 'Transactions' and
'TransactionsPeer':

1. Create new instance of Transaction class by calling
TransactionsPeer.retrievByPK.

2. External program gets control (through TCP connection) does some
processing on the same record.

3. I still have original instance from point 1 but need to read changes
that were made to the record in point 2.

Should I simply create another instance of the Transactions class or is
there a 'cleaner' way to re-read the record.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
David