db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jim Caserta <smoothie...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: org.apache.torque.TorqueException: java.lang.InstantiationException
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:01:12 GMT
Thank you,

I switched over to the SharedPool and I am getting
this error in my WSAD console.

IDBroker      W org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker
IDBroker is being used with db 'essMarine', which does
not support transactions. IDBroker attempts to use
transactions to limit the possibility of duplicate key
generation.  Without transactions, duplicate key
generation is possible if multiple JVMs are used or
other means are used to write to the database.

I never had this error in 3.0. The IDBroker class does
come with the 3.2 jar.

The reference to "essMarine" must be coming from the
peer classes. Each one has the following line:
 public static final String DATABASE_NAME =
"essMarine";
So I'm not sure if I have my Torque propereties file
is setup incorrectly or the problem could be else
where..

Thanks!
Jim

http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2-rc2/runtime/tutorial/step4.html

>     Thomas
>
> Jim Caserta <smoothie_jc@yahoo.com> schrieb am
> 04.10.2005 20:26:12:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm converting from Torque 3.0 to 3.2, and I'm
> > accessing a DB2 database. The Torque
> initialization is
> > throwing the following exception.
> > org.apache.torque.TorqueException:
> > java.lang.InstantiationException
> >
> > I'm attempting to use the DataSourceFactory. Here
> is
> > my properties file..
> >
> > torque.applicationRoot = .
> >
> > log4j.category.org.apache.torque = ALL,
> > org.apache.torque
> > log4j.appender.org.apache.torque =
> > org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
> > log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file =
> > logs/torque.log
> > log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout =
> > org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern
> > = %d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
> > log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append = false
> > torque.defaults.pool.maxWait = 10000
> > torque.defaults.pool.maxIdle = 8
> > torque.defaults.pool.maxActive = 10
> >
> torque.defaults.pool.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=
> > 300000
> > torque.defaults.connection.driver =
> > COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
> > torque.defaults.connection.url = jdbc:db2:DB2B
> > torque.defaults.connection.user = itdmegb
> > torque.defaults.connection.password = chubb99
> >
> > torque.database.default=DB2B
> > torque.database.DB2B.adapter=db2app
> >
> > #Using commons-dbcp

torque.dsfactory.DB2B.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.DataSourceFactory

> > #torque.dsfactory.DB2B.pool.maxIdle=8
> > #torque.dsfactory.DB2B.pool.maxActive=10
> > #torque.dsfactory.DB2B.pool.testOnBorrow=true

#torque.dsfactory.DB2B.pool.validationQuery=values(1)