db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Building under Windows
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:25:09 GMT
Getting the bug in the Mavin build method under Windows worked out
is great!

But I just want to make sure that everyone knows that Mavin is NOT
required to use Torque is clearly understood (by future readers
of this thread as well). IMHO, The current docs tend to stress
Mavin over Ant because it's easier to explain than Ant and the
fact that there is this option is sometimes lost to new users.

I've been using Torque with just Ant for years under Windows with
a variety of JVMs and Ant versions.  There have been no major
problems (except the occational class path ones).  FWIW, using
Ant for om creation allows Torque to easily be integrated with
other build processes. I use it as a sub build of larger project
Ant build files and integrate these with Eclipe's build process.

FWIW, if you want to do Torque development or rebuild everything
from source, you can also do this via Ant and/or Eclipse without
Mavin. (Mavin does make full builds/test easier, but patch/mod
development does not require it).

If you're interested in this way to use Torque, let me know (via
the list) and I'll post more info.

Duke CE Privacy Statement