db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bouvet Konsulent" <bouvetk...@statnett.no>
Subject setDistinct() does not work?
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:16:25 GMT
hello,
I am running Torque 3.1 together with Oracle 8.1.7. I have the following method

    protected void populateStationDropdown(DropdownForm form) {
        Criteria crit = new Criteria();
        crit.add(StationLinesPeer.STATION_FLAG, STATION_FLAG_STASJONER);
        crit.addAscendingOrderByColumn(StationLinesPeer.ID_TEXT);
        crit.setDistinct();
        logger.debug("populateStationDropdown. Crit="+crit);
        try {
            form.setStationsDropdown(StationLinesPeer.doSelect(crit));
        } catch (TorqueException e) {
            logger.error(e);
        }
    }

the following debug-message is written to the log:

2005-09-07 14:52:41,284 DEBUG [webapp.struts.DropdownAction] populateStationDropdown. Crit=Criteria::
station_lines.STATION_FLAG<=>station_lines.STATION_FLAG='S': Current Query SQL (may
not be complete or applicable): SELECT DISTINCT UPPER(station_lines.ID_TEXT) FROM station_lines
WHERE station_lines.STATION_FLAG='S' ORDER BY UPPER(station_lines.ID_TEXT) ASC

when I run the above SQL directly towards the database, I get all distinct ID_TEXT: ...Agdenes,
Ajaure, AJ4....
when I run the SQL through Torque, I do not get distinct ID_TEXT, instead: : ...Agdenes, Ajaure,
Ajaure, AJ4....

how come?

cheers,
pj

Statnett SF, Tel. head office +47 22527000, Enterprise No. NO 962 986 633 VAT, www.statnett.no,
firmapost@statnett.no

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you
have received this transmission in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately
and then delete the e-mail.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete. If verification is required
please request a hard copy version. This e-mail message has been virus checked by the virus
programs used by Statnett SF.