db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Sandeep Bghavatula" <sbhagavat...@comframe.com>
Subject Torque not closing database connections
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:18:42 GMT
We use torque3.0 with turbine in our web application. The database is mysql. Torque does'nt
seem to be closing the database connections. We end up with 50-60 connections in a couple
of days and have to restart the tomcat instance every 3 days to keep mysql from throwing up
and saying thats it!! In my code, I do a connection.close() wherever I have a Torque.getConnection().
There is nothing in the database logs. Here is my torque.properties file. Please help!!!

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# $Id: Torque.properties,v 1.1 2005/08/25 17:51:16 jriley Exp $
#
# This is the configuration file for Torque.
#
# Note that strings containing "," (comma) characters must backslash
# escape the comma (i.e. '\,')
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

# NOTE NO torque. prefix on properties - this is a kluge to make it also include the TR.properties

torque.applicationRoot=.

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  L O G G I N G
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# We use Log4J for all Torque logging and we embed the log4j
# properties within our application configuration.
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

# THIS SEEMS TO BE IGNORED - HENCE IT IS DUPLICATED IN log4j.properties

log4j.appender.org.apache.file=${applicationRoot}/logs/log
log4j.appender.org.apache.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.org.apache.layout.conversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.appender.org.apache.append=false

log4j.category.org.apache.torque=INFO, org.apache.torque
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file=${torque.applicationRoot}/logs/log.txt
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append=false
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  T O R Q U E  P R O P E R T I E S
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are your database settings. Look in the
# org.apache.pool.* packages for more information.
#
# The parameters to connect to the default database.  You MUST
# configure these properly.
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

torque.database.default=default
###torque.database.default.adapter=hypersonic
torque.database.default.adapter = mysql
### torque.database.default.adapter=oracle
### torque.database.default.adapter=mssql

##
## Using torque's old pool
##
#torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
#torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url = jdbc:hsqldb:${webappRoot}/WEB-INF/db/jetspeed
#torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user = sa
#torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password =

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
# The number of database connections to cache per ConnectionPool instance (specified per database)
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections = 10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime = 3600
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout = 10

### MySQL
#torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/*****
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user = *****
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = *****

# The interval (in milliseconds) between which the PoolBrokerService logs
# the status of it's ConnectionPools.
#
# Default: No logging = 0 = 0 * 1000
torque.database.logInterval=0

# Determines if the quantity column of the IDBroker's id_table should
# be increased automatically if requests for ids reaches a high
# volume.

torque.idbroker.cleverquantity=true

# Determines whether the managers cache instances of the business objects.
# And also whether the MethodResultCache will really cache results.

torque.manager.useCache = true

Sandeep