db-torque-user mailing list archives

From John Dunne <j...@alldunne.com>
Subject Re: DATEIME's value is adjusted by an hour without consent
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:13:15 GMT
Thanks Malcolm,

I believe the odd conversion I'm seeing lies with Torque since when I
read in a table row, the java.util.Date object I get back for the
DATETIME column is GMT British Summer Time which is incorrect since the
mysql database is storing the time value as UTC. I believe (correct me
if I'm wrong ayone!) Torque is confused to as what timezone the value it
read should be and assumed it to be the same as Java's default TimeZone
(which is currently GMT britishsummertime) resulting in the time
shifting by an hour (equal to the offset for british summer time) when
it is saved. Also, the long values are different just before save and on
retrival.

So, is it possible to inform Torque that a DATETIME value it reads from
a database is of a particular timezone?

Thanks,
John.