db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: getDate()
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:34:25 GMT

Well, sure, the idea is not to support the function in java, but maybe one
could support the function in the database. So if you would insert a new
object with a default value "getDate()" of the column some_date, and would
set some_date in the java object to null and save the object, maybe the
database could use the default value for the some_date column upon insert.
Not sure whether this can be done, though.

    Thomas

Trey Long <james_long@provima.com> schrieb am 12.08.2005 15:40:16:

>  From my limited view it seems that it would be pretty difficult to
> support some if not all DB functions as the database would support them.
> It would at least take a trip to the database which would be...
cumbersome.

> Thomas Fischer wrote:
>

> >You are right, default values with sql functions in them are not
supported
> >by Torque. This is known, there is also an issue in scarab for this.
> >I should look into it some time whether this can be fixed.
> >
> >       Thomas
> >
> >Trey Long <james_long@provima.com> schrieb am 11.08.2005 15:12:59:
> >

> >>I am using the following:
> >>
> >>Torque Version: 3.2-rc1
> >>Using: ANT, MSSQL
> >>
> >>I was able to get around the problem but I believe I now know what the
> >>issue was. Inside of the generated schema it was calling a function
> >>'getDate()' that really didn't exist anywhere. That's because I used
the
> >>default value of (getDate()) in the MSSQL table schema. So I imagine
> >>that functions don't carry over so well as defaults in table schema
> >>while using torque.

BaseQuestionnaire.java:45