db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: ID Broker woes...
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:02:06 GMT

Hi,

If you copy the primary key, I would not be surprised if the primary key
would be reused, so if the issue persists after you ruled out that please
re-send a mail.

I presume the AnnouncementTypes and DefaultAnnouncementTypes are stored in
different tables. Then, it is difficult to tell Torque that the types are
nearly the same, so the clean way would be to write a constructor
AnnouncementType(DefaultAnnouncementType) and copy all the needed fields
manually.
If you would store the AnnouncementTypes and DefaultAnnouncementTypes in
one table using Torque's inherintance mechanism, you could use the
generated copy()  method to do the copying cleanly.

Just an idea,

      Thomas