db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Village Fork (was: Re: Torque + Oracle 9i + DATE columns losing
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:42:46 GMT

"Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hps@intermeta.de> schrieb am 15.08.2005
17:05:53:

> I don't want to develop the Village code any further. But making it
> possible for people to replace their village-2.0-20030825 jars with
> village-2.1.jar or village-2.2.jar would IMHO give a bit more
> confidence into using Torque (which at least for 3.2 will still be
> based on village).

Surely it would be nice to have one version of village. But I do not
believe
in putting too much work in sinking ships (well, I got my own personal one
: the scarab@apache installation :-)

> Patches that are "database xxx only" can IMHO always be changed to
> work with all databases. That's why I'd like people to send patches to
> me.

Saravanna Kannan kindly sent me the source code of his oracle-patched
version. I am sure he would agree if you would put it in a village main
branch, he was only keen on having one central place where people also
submit patches, so I can send the source code to you. But I had a quick
glance at the code, and it does not seem to be much fun putting the changes
in a village jar that also supports other databases. So, I am sorry to say
that, do not count on me for it :-|

   Thomas