db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Barbieri <m.barbi...@ste-energy.com>
Subject Bean serialized problem
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:14:58 GMT
Hi everybody.
I have a client-server program that uses Torque (the server uses om
classes and the client only om.beans classes).

The server performs a query to the database and returns a List<MyObject>.
I convert the List<MyObject> to List<MyObjectBean>.

MyObjectBean has the toString() method that returns something like "code
- description"
(where "code" is MyObjectBean.getCode() and "description" is
MyObjectBean.getDescription()).

If I print on the server the MyObjectBean, all works correctly, but if I
send these beans through the net (I've added implements
java.io.Serializable on beans generated by Torque), the toString()
method on the client prints " - "...

Why?
It seems that even if beans are Serializable they lose all properties.

Any idea?

Thank you
--
RCarter