db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bean serialized problem
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:07:41 GMT
Hi,

this is a missing feature (well, some would call it a bug, regarding that
the beans are meant to be sent over the network :-) ) in the generation of
the beans. Not only the bean itself must implement the Interface
java.io.Serializable, but also the BaseBean class. You can

1) add the "implements Serializable" to each BaseBean you have generated
(but this will be lost each time you regenerate the model), or

2) change the templates yourself, or

3) checkout the source for the templates where I have just committed a
patch which solves the problem and rebuild the templates.jar.

If you use the option 3), make sure that the generator uses the new set of
templates. To do this, you can build the whole 3.2-RC2-dev version of
Torque from source (this is what I would recommend):

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/torque/trunks torque

and run maven jar:install from the templates, generator, and runtime
directory, adn finally maven plugin:install from the maven-plugin
directory. If you use maven, make sure your project depends on the
3.2-RC2-dev version of Torque.

Alternatively, if you do not wnat to rebuild Torque as a whole, it depends
whether you use ant or maven. With ant, just remove the old templates.jar
from the lib directory of the generator and add the new one. With maven,
the best option which I can think of is to rename the version of the
templates to 3.2-RC1 in the POM and do a maven jar:install then. (The
problem is to tell the generator to use the new version of the templates
without rebuilding it)

Hope I did not confuse you too much.

    Thomas