db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Village Fork (was: Re: Torque + Oracle 9i + DATE columns losing time SOLUTION)
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:58:26 GMT
Henning,

it is really nice of you to offer that. My own _PERSONAL_ feelings about
it are as follows:
The biggest problem which I have with village is the oracle lob stuff. I
am using Saravanna Kannan's version of villag with oracle, which works
fine if one just uses oracle, but does not work with other databases. My
feeling is that creating a version which supports both oracle lobs and
other databases is too much work considering that we want to chuck out
village anyway.

So thanks for the offer, but for me as a Torque user it does not help me.

   Thomas