db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Kintzel Levente" <kintzel.leve...@codespring.ro>
Subject MEMO = BYTEA ?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:50:55 GMT

I want to include in my table a memo field. I use Postgre database. In my schema I specified
the type of the field as LONGVARCHAR. In the sql generated by torque, it seems that LONGVARCHAR
generates BYTEA.
But with bytea I have some problems with the application.
I use the application on two different machines. One with Suse and one with XP with tomcat
5 and tomcat 4.31. The same application. But the datas enetered in the bytea field from one
machine is not seen well on the second machine and vice-versa. The problems appears with UTF
and other special characters. It seems that the datas are not seen as the same from the two
tomcats. Why appears this problem?
I correct manually, the type of the field from bytea to text... With text field everithing
is OK, the problem disappears.
My question is: There is any configuration to assure that the content of the bytea field is
sees as the same in the two situations, or there is a posibility to generate postgre text
datatype field form schema?
Thank you in advance...