db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Roel van Dijk <rdvd...@gmail.com>
Subject hanging database connections
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:08:50 GMT
I am using Torque as a part of Jetspeed, and I am updating something
in the database. I am using an Oracle database without any troubles so
far.

However, when I try to insert a null-value into a fields which cannot
be null according to the database, I receive an Oracle error message
(as I expected). However, the connection on which this error was
received is never released into the connection pool.

Therefore, after 10 of these errors, my entire connection pool is
filled, and I cannot make any new connections to the database. The
application hangs from then on.

Is there a way to free up these connections after I have caught this
database exception?
--
Roel -- rdvdijk@gmail.com