db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: JDBC Task & System Tables
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:56:05 GMT

Hi,

I cannot see in the code why the test table  should happen. The code
(org.apache.torque.task.TorqueJDBCTransformTask)is like this:

// Attemtp to connect to a database.
Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword);
log("DB connection established");

// Get the database Metadata.
DatabaseMetaData dbMetaData = con.getMetaData();

// The database map.
List tableList = getTableNames(dbMetaData);

and getTableNames(dbMetaData) looks like:

    public List getTableNames(DatabaseMetaData dbMeta)
        throws SQLException
    {
        log("Getting table list...");
        List tables = new ArrayList();
        ResultSet tableNames = null;
        // these are the entity types we want from the database
        String[] types = {"TABLE", "VIEW"};
        try
        {
            tableNames = dbMeta.getTables(null, dbSchema, "%", types);
            while (tableNames.next())
            {
                String name = tableNames.getString(3);
                String type = tableNames.getString(4);
                tables.add(name);
            }
        }
        finally
        {
            if (tableNames != null)
            {
                tableNames.close();
            }
        }
        return tables;
    }

Could you please create a small test case including the above code and
debug it in order to see wyh the test table is not in the tableList ?

   Thomas