db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <new...@pingsite.com>
Subject idbroker.cleverquantity issue?
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:43:59 GMT
Hi,

Using a fairly recent Torque (3.1, maybe 3.1.1)  for some reason I
started getting HUGE values for one of my NEXT_ID columns and the
QUANTITY column.

While saving new objects to that table I got OutOfMemory exceptions.
When I made the NEXT_ID and QUANTITY values saner the OOM exception went
away.

I have since turned off cleverquantity and may switch to another
persistence mechanism fo unrelated reasons, but I'm wondering:

a) Have people ever seen this before? (I haven't, and I've been using
Torque for several years without incident)
b) Are the OOM exceptions related to the huge values, and if so, why/how?
c) Is this patch/nightly/latest-version-fixable? I know I'm not running
the latest and greatest.

Thanks much,
Dave