db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Torque 3.2-rc1 is released
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:58:52 GMT
The Torque development team is pleased to announce that Torque-3.2-rc1 is
released and ready for download.

We would like to thank all contributors, bug reporters and other people who
have contributed in one way or another to prepare the release candidate.

The most prominent changes are:

- Added database schema support, both in the generator and in the runtime
- Added support for outer joins
- Added support for creation of simple java beans from persistent objects
- The old deprecated connection pool is removed (only dbcp is supported
   out of the box)
- Some smaller changes were made in the database.dtd
- The build-torque ant file for the generator is contained again in the
   generator release
- The generator is now divided into a template jar
   (torque-gen-templates.jar) and the rest (torque-gen.jar)

You can obtain the Torque 3.2-rc1 generator, runtime and maven-plugin from
our download page

http://db.apache.org/torque/download.html

or from the ibiblio maven repository

http://ibiblio.org/maven/torque/

Please refer to the Changes report

http://db.apache.org/torque/changes-report.html

for a full list of changes and fixed bugs.

If you discover any bugs in the release candidate or feel that there are
_SMALL_ things missing for the final release, please open an issue in the issue
tracker

http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues

If you have not done so before, create an account and request the role of
observer in the modules torque > source or torque > documentation, depending of
the nature of your bug. Ater being granted that role (should happen
automatically as far as I know), enter your bug. Make sure you attach all files
before you click "finish".

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask at the Torque users mailing
list.

      The Torque development team.