db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: idbroker.cleverquantity issue?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:22:11 GMT
Hi,

I have seen a similar message a few months ago on the user list. Someone
said that in scarab, the issue ids get unusually large. Looks the same to
me.

I would guess that this might be a synchronisation issue, this smells like
copying a long value which is not an atomic operation in java. But I did
not look into the code yet, I am not very familiar with the idbroker code.

This is certainly fixable in a nightly build, if the error is found
(which can turn out to be quite difficult, as it is not very
reproducable...)

I'll add a bug entry in scarab for it, but if you want a quick solution
you will have to look yourself, I am afraid.

    Thomas