db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias Klein" <matth...@cmklein.de>
Subject RE: (frustrated torque first timer) Please update the Tutorial
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:05:12 GMT
I agree that the tutorial right now is quite good already.
However, as a torque newbie I ran across most of the issues that Yong
mentioned as well. (I even asked for help about one of the issues and got an
immediate and very helpful response. Thanks!)
So if someone is willing to do some work on the tutorial I suggest simply
stick with the example application introduced there and just "streamline"
the instructions:
- Relocate some additional information (like: click here if you want to know
more about this)
- Add some more instructions on certain issues (see posting of Yong)
- Make the tutorial more a whole thing again (one can see that it has a
great core yet has been patched a bit too often)

But over all: the tutorial including the sample application is almost great.
I believe it does not take too much work to make it really super.

Matt