db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkins" <Brent.Atk...@pro-sys.biz>
Subject RE: (frustrated torque first timer) Please update the Tutorial
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:48:32 GMT
I don't think it needs to be tied up with Maven at all, but it seems to have
been done that way for ease of development (which I cannot argue with - it
does make it much easier).  It seems that the old Ant build files are still
pretty much intact in the Torque Maven plugin (ie. It hasn't been
'Mavenized') - but I haven't actually done it that way for a long time.

I would be happy to write the tutorial using Maven with side panels that
show how to use Ant instead if someone would be willing to test it pretty
throughly.  Heh, heh - you've now been added to that list of people :).

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Leng [mailto:wleng@metatomix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 2:43 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: Re: (frustrated torque first timer) Please update the Tutorial

This is a very very good idea. To add to it, I have been a Torque user for
some time. However, I always uses Torque standalone. Now, Torque seems tied
up with maven. Is this really necessary? It definitely increase the learning
curve of new users and limit the spread of Torque.
Since your guys are trying to update the tutorial, can your guys clear
things up?

thanks

Bill