db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Improvements to insert from select
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:21:35 GMT

Well, you are using so many database features, I would guess it is
improbable you can create this statement more readable by creating it via
criteria.
However, what you could do is to create a view corresponding to the select
in the database, and use a criteria-based query to select from the view.

         Thomas

Ernesto Celis <celisdelafuente@prodigy.net.mx> schrieb am 28.06.2005
01:25:14:

> I'm very new to torque and some new to Java, I'd like to learn new
> skills by using them on real projects.
> At this time I choose to learn Torque, I have data to use to populate
> certain tables on my DB.
>
> The ne_q table has a lot of data to be distributed among other tables,
> i.e. the employees data, I wrote this to populate the
> employees(empleados) table.
>
> I added a method doSelectEmpleados() to NeQPeer to store the data needed
> on an object.
> And a method doInsertNeQEmpleados() to Empleados.java to insert the data.
>
> Then I call the doInsertNeQEmpleados() method from somewhere else. This
> works fine, but I'd like to have some feedbakc to know how this could be
> improved.
>
> I have only one problem on doInsertNeQEmpleados(), when the line

empleado.setIdUmed(Integer.parseInt(record.getValue("id_umed").asString()));