db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Vlada Djurovic <vdjuro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hsqldb and NullPointerException
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:32:58 GMT
On 6/17/05, Raphael Mankin <raph@mankin.org.uk> wrote:
> I had strange problems (weird Oracle errors rather than NPE) when I
> accidentally did an INSERT on something that already had a key. Are you maybe
> cloning or modifying an existing object and then trying to save it as new? That
> can cause weirdnesses.
Well, I'm not sure. I'm using HSQLDB embedded, and I set
defaultIdMethod="native" in project-schema.xml and
autoincrement="true". I suppose HSQLDB would automaticaly create new
primary key for each new entry.
Anyway, in my code, I specificaly do INSERT of a new object. Maybe I'l
try ti use IDbroker instead of native? I'll try that and get back to